The 2019 Civil Legal Services Summer Fellowship student application is now available at https://form.jotform.com/90166379257163.
This program seeks 10 ambitious Florida law students to participate in an exciting 11-week summer fellowship with one of Florida’s civil legal aid organizations. The organization and the summer fellow will be matched using their preferences outlined by each in their application. The purpose of this fellowship program is twofold:
1. to foster a desire within each participating student to continue to assist low-income families with civil legal needs after they graduate, whether it be through employment at a legal services organization or through pro bono work; and
2. for the organization to utilize the summer fellow in support of their goal to provide essential civil legal assistance to clients.
There is a mandatory orientation for students May 13-14, 2019, in Orlando. Travel and hotel accommodations will be covered by the Florida Bar Foundation. Monetary stipends for students who have finished their first year of law school will be $6,650 for 11 weeks, and stipends for students who have finished their second year of law school will be $8,450. This fellowship will offer the students a unique opportunity to gain meaningful legal experience while also helping those in the community who need it most.
- currently a rising 2L or 3L at an accredited Florida law school;
- have a competitive GPA and resume;
- have a strong interest in public service work; and
- must be available to participate in the mandatory orientation scheduled for May 13-14, 2019, in Orlando, Florida.
Student applications are due to The Florida Bar Foundation by 6 p.m. EST on February 18, 2019. Decisions about approval and organization placement will be made by March 15, 2019.