The Controller is responsible for the day-to-day fiscal accounting activities of the Foundation (FBF) and The Florida Bar Foundation Endowment Trust (END). As an integral part of the position, the Controller shall maintain confidentiality of all information received as part of his/her duties. The Controller reports directly to the Director of Finance & Administration.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
• Monitor cash flow for operations and investments.
• Prepare and / or oversee processing of accounts payable, accounts receivable, cash receipts, cash disbursements, general journals, wire transfers, and all other financial data entry
• Oversee maintenance of accounting files, including paid invoices, refunds, cash receipts, investments, budgets and general ledger.
• Monthly reconciliation of Investment Statements – 5 separate accounts
• Administer accounting aspect of the Loan Repayment Assistance Program including monthly statements to loan recipients, as needed.
• Prepare monthly and quarterly Operating Expense Statements for Operations and Program Activities, quarterly financial statements, and related schedules, including “Dashboard” reports.
• Reconcile and maintain subsidiary schedules which support each area of the Statement of Financial Position and the Statement of Activities
• Assist in the design, implementation, and maintenance of and compliance with accounting procedures and internal controls
• Prepare fiscal information for distribution to Foundation departments, committees, board, funders and others as required
• Prepare regulatory filings in accordance with the Schedule of Organization Filings such as the annual Charitable Solicitation Registration
• Prepare and / or oversee all required corporate and tax filings, e.g., Forms 1099’s
• Staff liaison to three committees: Audit, Budget and Finance, and Investment
• Implement and administer the budget process, including analyses and reporting
• Prepare audit and IRS 990 tax schedules (FBF and END) for Independent auditor
• Prepare and lead the annual Fraud Prevention & Detection meeting
• Prepare paperwork to facilitate signature changes for FBF and END accounts at July 1, each year
• Work collaboratively with department personnel in financial and cost/benefit analyses
• Assist in the development/implementation of financial accounting/reporting technology of the Foundation.
• Supervision, review, and evaluation of staff assisting the finance department
• Other duties as designated by the Executive Director and/or Director of Finance & Administration
The primary qualifications for the position of controller are:
• Bachelor’s degree in accounting / Finance and 5+ years’ experience or equivalent
• Established and sound documentation practices
• Accounting, project analyses, problem solving, and presentation skills with meaningful experience with spreadsheets and PowerPoint presentations.
• Ability to design and organize projects and follow through to completion
• Knowledge of and enforcement of internal controls
• Excellent organizational skills and work habits
• Good communications skills, both written and verbal
• Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines
• MS Office Suite capabilities
• Blackbaud Raiser’s Edge and Financial Edge, preferred.
The starting annual salary range for the controller is $80,000 - $95,000 in addition to the employee benefit package offered to employees of The Florida Bar Foundation.