Legal Aid and Covid-19: What You Need to Know
- Florida Bar Foundation staff are working remotely and can be reached by email, phone and our Contact Us form.
- Florida legal aid programs are open. Find your local legal aid provider.
Resources for Lawyers
- All Florida Bar offices are closed as of March 19 with certain Bar staff working remotely to continue essential functions. For court and Bar announcements, alerts and changes caused by the coronavirus, visit floridabar.org/covid19.
- The Florida Supreme Court has established an emergency web page where members can find a list of trial courts’ emergency directives and websites, and information about court operations from Florida’s District Courts of Appeal.
- The Florida Bar Business Law Section has a COVID-19 Pandemic Recovery Task Force
Legal Aid and Resources for the Public
- Legal Questions
- Pose a legal question to a panel of volunteer lawyers: Florida Free Civil Legal Answers
- More resources from Florida Free Civil Legal Answers
- Contact your local legal aid office. Offices listed by county.
- Renters’ rights
- Landlord/Tenant Law in Florida
- County-by-county eviction status list provided by Community Justice Project
- Legal Resources Guide from Legal Aid Society of Palm Beach County
- Florida Courts Help website
- Key Legal Information for Florida Healthcare Workers from Baker McKenzie
- Forms for health care workers who face the possibility of contracting the virus when caring for others:
- Children aging out of foster care
- The Department of Economic Opportunity (DEO) encourages any Floridian whose employment has been negatively impacted as a result of COVID-19 to visit Floridajobs.org and click on the Reemployment Assistance Service Center to learn more about the program and to watch a short video on how to apply.
- Paycheck Protection Program FAQ for Small Businesses (including 501(c)3 organizations)