What Personal Information Do We Collect And Process?
How And Why We Use Your Personal Information?
With Whom Do We Share Your Personal Information?
How Do We Secure Your Personal Information?
How Long Do We Keep Your Personal Information?
What Are Your Rights?
Links to Other Websites
How Do We Respond to “Do Not Track” Signals?
Policy Regarding Information Obtained from Children
Effective Date: January 30, 2020
Your use of our Products and Services is subject to this Policy and the Terms of Service available at this link. By using our Products and Services, including this website, you acknowledge that you have read and understand this Policy and that you agree to its contents. You do not have to provide personal information to us. Please note, however, that if you do not provide certain personal information, you may not be able to use or access all or portions of our Products and Services.
We will occasionally update this Policy. When we do, we will revise the effective date above. Your continued use of our Services and Products after such changes means you accept the Policy as revised. We encourage you to periodically review this Policy to stay informed about how we collect and process your personal information.
WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT AND PROCESS?
In providing our Products and Services, we collect limited personal information. What personal information we collect and process depends on how and why you interact with us.
Personal Information You Provide Us
We collect personal information that you provide to us when you use our Products and Services, communicate with us, request help, donate, or otherwise submit information to us. Personal information we collect and process that you provide to us includes:
• Contact information such as your name, email address, mailing address, phone number, and contact preferences;
• Questionnaire information you provide, such as your demographic information or opinions about our Products and Services;
• Financial information such as your credit card number, billing address, and donation history; and
• Account and user profile information when you register for an account, create or modify your profile, and set preferences.
Occasionally we may post success stories submitted by you for our blog, which may include your background information and legal-related experiences. We will only publicize such stories with your consent, and consent can be revoked by you at any time by contacting.
Personal Information We Collect from Third Parties
We collect personal information from third parties, including:
• Fraud-detection and credit-reference agencies to correct our records and help prevent and detect fraud;
• Sources that are available to the public, which we might combine with information that we collect from you directly;
• Your parent or guardian, if you are under 18 years old; and
• A family member or someone else acting on your behalf.
We also collect aggregate information from third parties that make our Products and Services available for use, including general demographic information. This aggregate data does not personally identify you, and we do not use it in conjunction with other information to personally identify you.
Personal Information We Collect Automatically
We collect information about the device you are using through “cookies,” among similar tracking and analysis technology. We use these technologies when you interact with our website and online Products and Services.
What Are Cookies?
A cookie, also known as a browser cookie, is a text file containing small amounts of information which a server may download to your computer, mobile, or tablet when you visit a website or use an app.
There are different types of cookies which are used to do different things, such as letting you navigate between different pages on a website efficiently, remembering preferences you have given, and helping us to identify ways to improve your overall site experience. Some cookies are used to measure the number of site visits and the most popular pages users visit. Others are required to access some or all of our website and are necessary to improve the performance of our Products and Services and to enhance your overall user experience.
Our Use of Google Analytics
HOW AND WHY WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We generally do not use data to personally identify you. We primarily use the information we collect on an aggregate basis to analyze preferences, trends, and traffic patterns to better understand your usage of our Products and Services, to collect traffic statistics, and to improve our websites and Products and Services.
We otherwise use your personal information for the purposes set out in this Policy, including to perform our responsibilities under our contract (if any) with you. For example, we may process your personal information to:
• Provide and secure our Products and Services;
• Establish and manage accounts;
• Provide customer support, troubleshoot issues, manage our Products and Services, and respond to requests, questions, and comments;
• Collect and process donations and transactions;
• Communicate with you about our Products and Services, and administer participation in programs, services, and events;
• Conduct market and consumer research and trend analyses;
• Enable posting on our blogs, forums, and other public communications;
• Perform accounting, auditing, billing, reconciliation, and collection activities;
• Prevent, detect, identify, investigate, and respond to potential or actual claims, liabilities, prohibited behavior, and criminal activity;
• Comply with and enforce legal requirements, agreements, and policies; and
• Achieve purposes for which we provide specific notice at the time of collection.
We also use information about you where you have given us consent to do so for a specific purpose not listed above. For example, we may publish testimonials or featured stories with your permission. If you have consented to our use of information about you for a specific purpose, you have the right to change your mind at any time, but this will not affect any processing that has already taken place. Where we are using your information because we or a third party have a legitimate interest to do so, you have the right to object to that use, though, in some cases, this may mean no longer using or having access to our Products and Services.
WITH WHOM DO WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
To the extent we collect any personal information from you, we share that information only with those necessary to provide our Products and Services to you, to communicate with you, to advertise or promote our Products and Services, to facilitate changes to or transfers of our business, as required by law, or with your consent.
For instance, we may share personal information we collect:
• With current and future organizations that are part of our network of organizations for the purposes described in this Policy, including with your consent;
• With affiliated and unaffiliated service providers who help us perform and deliver our Products and Services, subject to confidentiality agreements, including: service fulfillment; form processing; website management and hosting; information technology and security; customer service; email and newsletter delivery; advertisement partners and corporate sponsors; auditing; and donation processing;
• With the appropriate authorities if we believe disclosure is necessary and appropriate to prevent physical, financial, or other harm, injury, or loss, including to protect against fraud or credit risk;
• With legal, governmental, or judicial authorities as instructed or required by those authorities and applicable laws, or in relation to a legal activity, such as in response to a subpoena or investigation of suspected illicit or illegal activities, or where we believe in good faith that users may be engaged in illicit or illegal activities, or where we are bound by contract or law to enable a network partner to comply with applicable laws;
• With necessary third parties in connection with, or during negotiations for, an acquisition, merger, asset sale, or other similar business transfer that involves all or substantially all of our assets or functions where personal information is transferred or shared as part of the business assets;
• With your consent or at your direction, such as when you choose to share information or publicly post content and reviews (for example, social media posts); and
• With persons of your choosing and at your discretion, should the product you are subscribed to allow that functionality.
Additionally, we may share aggregated data that does not identify you, such as Google Analytics, with affiliates and third party business partners who are interested in advertising on our website.
HOW DO WE SECURE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
While we cannot guarantee your personal information is completely secure at all times, we use administrative, organizational, technical, and physical safeguards to protect the personal information we collect and process. Our security controls are designed to maintain data confidentiality, maintain data integrity, and give us an appropriate level of access to your data.
Among other things, we use professional third party service providers and data centers to provide our Products and Services. Those data centers implement industry-standard measures to protect the security of the personal information we collect. For example, those service providers and data centers use SSL (Secure Socket Layers), firewalls, and digital certificates to help protect your personal information. The financial partners we use that collect and process payment information follow the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard.
HOW LONG DO WE KEEP YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We keep your personal information in line with set periods of time calculated using the following criteria:
• How long you have been a user of our Products and Services or a donor, the types of Products and Services you have used, and when you will stop being a user or donor;
• How long it is reasonable to keep records to show we have met the obligations we have to you and by law;
• Any time limits for making a claim;
• Any periods for keeping information which are set by law or recommended by regulators, professional bodies or associations; and
• Any relevant proceedings that apply.
If you would like more information about how long we will keep your information for, please contact us as specified below.
WHAT ARE YOUR RIGHTS?
Your Rights to Opt-Out of Marketing and De-Register Your Account
You may choose not to receive marketing communications from us by clicking on the unsubscribe link in our marketing emails or by contacting us as described below. If you provide us with inconsistent privacy preferences (for example, by indicating on one occasion that we may provide you with marketing offers and on another occasion that we may not), we will treat it as if you opted out to receive our marketing communications. You can also choose to de-register your account at any time.
Your California Privacy Rights
Our Products and Services are intended for residents of Florida only. However, for residents of California that access our website or otherwise transmit personal information to us, we do not sell or share your personal information with non-affiliated third parties for their own marketing use without your permission. You have the right to request access to, changes to, or the removal of your personal information in accordance with applicable laws by contacting us as indicated below. We will not discriminate against you if you choose to exercise any of your rights under California law.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
For your convenience, our website and marketing material may contain links to other websites, products, or services that we do not own or operate. Please be aware that this Policy does not address, and we are not responsible for, the privacy, information or other practices of any third parties operating any website or service to which the services link. We encourage you to carefully review the privacy policies applicable to any website or service you visit other than our services before providing any personal information on them.
HOW DO WE RESPOND TO “DO NOT TRACK” SIGNALS
We do not process or respond to web browsers’ “do not track” signals or other similar transmissions that indicate a request to disable online tracking of users who use or visit our website. You may, however, disable certain tracking as discussed above (e.g., by disabling cookies). Please consult the “Help” section of your internet browser for more information.
POLICY REGARDING INFORMATION OBTAINED FROM CHILDREN
Our Products and Services are directed at adults. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13. If we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under the age of 13 on our website or through our Products and Services, without the consent of the child’s parent or guardian, we will delete that information. If you believe that we may have collected any such personal information on our website or through our Products and Services, please contact us.