Florida Legal Aid Disaster Relief InitiativeOrganizations We Help Fund Donations FAQ Donate Now What We Do
Florida Legal Aid Disaster Relief Initiative
The disaster relief initiative supports civil legal aid and other organizations providing legal services to impacted communities, including displaced Puerto Ricans relocating to Florida. Funds may be used to repair damage sustained by applicant organizations or to aid those in need of civil legal aid after a disaster.
Grant amounts vary based on available funding.
Grants are available on an emergency basis.
- Be a non-profit entity, tax-exempt and qualified to receive charitable donations within the meaning of the Internal Revenue Code;
- Operate within the state of Florida;
- Have an audit mechanism that provides accountability of Foundation funds;
- Agree to satisfy all the Foundation’s reporting requirements, including the submission of audited financial statements;
- Have a primary purpose of providing disaster relief legal services to low-income Floridians.
Funding for these grants comes from IOTA funds, The Florida Bar, and private donations to the Foundation.