When a disaster strikes, many civil legal issues can arise. Floridians in need of civil legal aid following a disaster have several options:
- Pose a legal question to a panel of volunteer lawyers: Florida Free Civil Legal Answers
- Contact your local legal aid office. Offices listed by county.
- Florida Senior Legal Helpline: 888-895-7873
- Florida Veterans Legal Helpline: 866-486-6161
Homeowners and Renters
- Renters’ rights
- Landlord/Tenant Law in Florida
- Fannie Mae – Fannie Mae disaster relief website.
- Freddie Mac– Freddie Mac disaster website.
- Florida Disaster Website – Florida Division of Emergency Management: Shelters, Evacuation Routes and Zones.
- Florida Statute Emergency Management – Florida Statutes.
- Price Gouging Complaint – Florida Attorney General.
- Disaster Services DCF – Florida Department of Children and Families has many services available to Floridians.
- FEMA Website
- Disaster Recovery Centers – Search for DRCs near to your location.
- D-SNAP – Food assistance for low-income households with food loss or damage caused by a natural disaster.
- Mass Disaster: a Victims Guide – The Florida Bar informational pamphlet
Volunteer Opportunities for Lawyers